No stranger to controversy, U.S. Representative Corrine Brown is now being investigated by a Congressional Ethics Committee over allegations of misconduct.
Brown represents the 5th District of Florida which has been the focus of several lawsuits alleging gerrymandering during the re-redistricting process.
Earlier this year, an associate of Brown pleaded guilty to charges of wire fraud and agreed to testify in a broader probe of a charitable organization for which Brown solicited donations.
The investigation into Brown by the House Ethics Committee and the U.S. Justice Department and has been focused on the Democrat’s use of campaign funds for personal use, improperly soliciting charitable donations, and not being in compliance with tax laws.
Brown, who is in the middle of a court battle over her district lines, says that this is a concerted effort to get her out of office. “The goal is to take me out. I realize that,” Brown told News 4 in Jacksonville.
Latest posts by Sam McCall (see all)
- Breaking: Hernando County BOCC and Administrator Len Sossamon Involved in Cover-up - July 14, 2016
- Transformation Aviation Services Deadline Fast Approaching - June 29, 2016
- Is Google Manipulating Search Results for Hillary Clinton? - June 12, 2016
- This house is for sale! - June 7, 2016
- SUV Slams Into House - June 6, 2016