According to the Florida Hwy Patrol, troopers stopped a white Dodge Charger on Andora Street near State Road 436 in Orlando shortly after 11:30 p.m. Friday.
The driver of the Dodge Charger, Marcus Dallas, 25, had a suspended license, and his passenger Christal Cash, 25, was in possession of marijuana, said Troopers.
During the traffic stop, a struggle ensued and when Trooper Moonda reached into the car to turn it off, Dallas took off with the trooper partially inside. Trooper Moonda sustained minor injuries after he was dragged by the car during the traffic stop.
A short time later, Troopers found the car with Cash still inside. Dallas had fled the area. He was later apprehended around midnight.
Dallas was charged with four felonies, including fleeing and assault on a police officer.
Cash was arrested for possession of marijuana, said authorities.
Trooper Moonda was treated on the scene for minor injuries and returned to duty.
Latest posts by Sam McCall (see all)
- Breaking: Hernando County BOCC and Administrator Len Sossamon Involved in Cover-up - July 14, 2016
- Transformation Aviation Services Deadline Fast Approaching - June 29, 2016
- Is Google Manipulating Search Results for Hillary Clinton? - June 12, 2016
- This house is for sale! - June 7, 2016
- SUV Slams Into House - June 6, 2016