From Spokane, to Michigan, to Florida, and beyond, people from all over the country are getting calls from scammers identifying themselves as being with the Internal Revenue Service claiming taxes are owed and must be paid immediately.
Many times, the caller, who identifies himself (or herself) as a representative of the IRS, tells the victim that they have a warrant out for their arrest for failure to pay back taxes. The caller then instructs the victim to pay a certain amount to avoid being arrested. Sometimes, they are given instructions to pay by either money order or pre-paid credit cards.
This is a scam that has been going around for months but has recently picked up volume in Florida lately. If you become a victim of this scam, or receive one of these calls, please contact your local law enforcement agency.
Latest posts by Sam McCall (see all)
- Breaking: Hernando County BOCC and Administrator Len Sossamon Involved in Cover-up - July 14, 2016
- Transformation Aviation Services Deadline Fast Approaching - June 29, 2016
- Is Google Manipulating Search Results for Hillary Clinton? - June 12, 2016
- This house is for sale! - June 7, 2016
- SUV Slams Into House - June 6, 2016