According to the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office, Monday evening at 6:22 PM, a call was received through the 911 system that a possible murder-suicide had occurred on Daly Lane in the Inverness Highlands.
Deputies responded to the area where they found two deceased individuals, Kay Renner, 89, and her son, Jerry Lee Mone, 69. Both were found dead from a gunshot wound.
Detectives found notes left behind at the scene from Mone indicating that his mother had advanced stages of Alzheimer’s and that he was having extreme difficulty in caring for her.
It appears that Mone shot his mother and then shot himself. However, detectives are waiting on autopsy reports from the medical examiner’s office.
Mone and his mother rented the home and had only been there for a short time (around three months).
Detectives will continue their investigation into the incident, but want to stress to residents that this is an isolated, domestic-related situation.
Latest posts by Sam McCall (see all)
- Breaking: Hernando County BOCC and Administrator Len Sossamon Involved in Cover-up - July 14, 2016
- Transformation Aviation Services Deadline Fast Approaching - June 29, 2016
- Is Google Manipulating Search Results for Hillary Clinton? - June 12, 2016
- This house is for sale! - June 7, 2016
- SUV Slams Into House - June 6, 2016