The Hernando BOCC is holding a special meeting tomorrow to consider three applications in a bid contract to provide an alternative waste processing plant in the county. The 20 year contract is worth millions to the winner and will begin Friday at 8:30 a.m. in the John Law Ayers County Commission Chambers. (See agenda below)
Energy3, LLC, of Annapolis, Maryland, Freedom Energy Hernando, LLC, of Oakland Park, FL, and WastAway, LLC, of Morrison, TN will be making oral presentations to county commissioners at the meeting.
One of the companies, Freedom Energy Hernando, states in their application that they would extend the “life of the Hernando County Landfill by 80% making the ten-year life of the landfill cell now eighty years.” Freedom Energy claims an immediate savings for the county of more than $1.6 million a year.
In addition, all of the companies currently bidding will produce a renewable energy that can be used in the production of synthetic fuels to be sold on the open market while helping to eliminate greenhouse gases.
Latest posts by Sam McCall (see all)
- Breaking: Hernando County BOCC and Administrator Len Sossamon Involved in Cover-up - July 14, 2016
- Transformation Aviation Services Deadline Fast Approaching - June 29, 2016
- Is Google Manipulating Search Results for Hillary Clinton? - June 12, 2016
- This house is for sale! - June 7, 2016
- SUV Slams Into House - June 6, 2016