Buccaneers Co-Chairman, Joel Glazer, releases statement on the Buc’s website informing the public that Lovie Smith has been terminated.
“After careful consideration, we informed Lovie that we have decided to make a change. I want to thank Lovie for his hard work and dedication to the Buccaneers during his time here,” said Glazer. “This decision was difficult on a variety of levels. I am disappointed that we were not more successful these past few seasons, but we are committed to doing what is necessary to give our fans the winning team they deserve. As we move forward, General Manager Jason Licht will oversee the process for finding our next head coach.”
Despite the fact that quarterback Jameis Winston had a phenomenal rookie season, and at one point toward the end of the season defended the teams coaching while calling out the players, it wasn’t enough to save Lovie Smith’s job.
Winston recorded over 4,000 yards in passing. Only Cam Newton and Andrew Luck have done better in their rookie season.
General Manager Jason Licht is scheduled to meet with the media at 2 p.m. today. You can watch that press conference on the Buccaneers website.
Latest posts by Sam McCall (see all)
- Breaking: Hernando County BOCC and Administrator Len Sossamon Involved in Cover-up - July 14, 2016
- Transformation Aviation Services Deadline Fast Approaching - June 29, 2016
- Is Google Manipulating Search Results for Hillary Clinton? - June 12, 2016
- This house is for sale! - June 7, 2016
- SUV Slams Into House - June 6, 2016